Monday, June 29, 2009

My son the charmer

So, I picked the kid up from daycare today. Now, just so you can visualize this properly, I did yardwork for the two hours prior to me picking him up, and was wearing an old tank top and shorts. (I also haven't shaved my legs in at least three days, but I doubt he notices such things.)

We got home, I turned on his favorite TV show, and I went to get his dinner and ours ready.

When I brought him a sippy cup with milk in it, he looked up from the TV and said, "Mommy, you look GOERGOUS!"

I burst out laughing. I did thank him. He looked pleased with himself for making me laugh. If he were older, I would have responded with, "Okay, what do you want?"

Oh, and he said that his new girlfriend is J, a different little girl than K, his one true love these many months. K does not come to daycare on Mondays and Fridays, though, so I am willing to bet that when K shows up tomorrow, she is now his girlfriend again.

In about ten years, there are going to be females calling this house day and night.

I am so screwed.

No comments: