Sunday, May 2, 2010

It was his idea this time!

So, this evening, Frank and Darrel were in the living room, watching TV. (I was upstairs.) Frank went over to Darrel, who was sitting in the recliner, and said something like, "I think I have to do something...but I'm holding it." So Darrel brought him upstairs and sat him on the potty.

He read three Curious George books, and then Frank told him, "I think I want to be alone for a while." So, Darrel left him in there, after reminding him that, if he does anything, Mommy and Daddy have to see the pee pee or poo poo in the potty for him to get a prize, so don't flush.

A minute later, Frank sang out, "I think I'm done!" Darrel went in to check, and sure enough, there was pee in the toilet (and on the floor)! We praised him lavishly and let him pick a prize, and then we called Darrel's mom, who also praised him lavishly. He's quite pleased with himself, and informed me that he is bringing the Disney figurine he picked out of the bucket to school to show his teachers tomorrow.

So...it was his idea this time...that must mean he's really ready to do it, right? Right?

No comments: